DIY Caravans is passionate about getting good deals for our customers and you can also often help by taking note of the tips below. We supply many trade customers and also want to provide the best deal for our DIY-builders embarking on a project.
- Do your homework. D I Y stands for Do It Yourself so our business relies on our customers working out what they require as you are the person with all the ideas and the knowledge of how you want it all to go together. See below for help how you can do this. We will clearly try to ensure you get what you require but our focus is on sourcing the products at the right prices for you
- Put together your list of items to order in good time. It’s a good idea to Create a Bill of Materials as detailed here so you consider all the items required at the start. Once you know the items for your project it is best to order them all in good time. As well as getting a better deal, there are many items on back order in the current climate so you do not want to be waiting for them to come in.
- Complete the Order Form on-line with all the product details and click either ‘Get freight quote’ OR ‘Place Order’ depending on your preference
- We will check availability of each product and advise freight cost for the Order. We recommend you place the order asap to secure the items with the availability detailed as our supplier stock changes daily.
- Try to read all the info on the DIY Caravans website product page for the item you are looking at. We continually update the website to make sure customers know all the details and there are details regarding freight and the order process to be found there.
- Order as many items in one go as you can manage – try to avoid buying one item at a time unless absolutely necessary.
- When we complete a Quote or an Invoice if it is over $2000 we will look at whether we can help with a VIP discount to offset the freight cost for you
- This will most likely save freight as our Suppliers will quote better freight rates for the whole order
- Some of our Suppliers have minimum order conditions that we have to absorb.
- Order as many items from the same Supplier as you can rather than picking different Suppliers.
- You may have a preferred product with each supplier in which case this may not be possible but often some items have a very similiar product made by a different Manufacturer eg Dometic and Thetford toilets
- Eg if you want an entrance door and 3 windows you will get the best deal if they all come from ATRV, or all come from Dometic
- eg if you are ordering a Thetford cassette toilet and want an acccess hatch select one from Thetford. Similiarly if you also need a roof hatch look at the Finch range as all our Thetford and Finch items are shipped from the same supplier.
- Read all the info on our website about the product itself to ensure you make an informed choice
- Take advantage of the Learning Centre blogs here where we share practical info from the Caravan and RV construction industry and try to demystify the buying process. Our background is caravan manufacturing so we alsowant you to know as much practical info as possible before you start your project.
- Do allow a few days for delivery – we only deal with Importers and Manufacturers of all our products. They are already very busy supplying manufacturing customers across Australia so all sales are dealt with in order. It usually takes 1-3 days for the order to process and be shipped and freight can take a few days depending on location.
We hope these few tips add to your understanding how we operate and lead to you getting a great deal at DIY Caravans.