What documents will I need to register my new Caravan when it’s complete?

DIY suggests you search the Roads Department in your State Government website as the requirements do vary between States. As a guide you are most likely to require:

  • A VIN number. You will need to obtain a 17 digit VIN number from your local Roads Department when you start your project.
  • LPG Certificate not more than 3 months old applicable in your State (if there is a gas system installed)
  • Weighbridge certificate with the VIN number on it
  • Proof of ownership of the trailer/caravan
  • Registration Application form (completed) for your State

Disclaimer: This article was provided to help customers with compliance and was correct as at time or writing – Sept 2016. Customers MUST make themselves aware of the relevant Regulations and Standards as at their build date and ensure they comply with them.